OnPoint recognizes modern day workers often feel better prepared and informed whenever they can leverage active connections into their personal and business networks. OnPoint addresses these needs through a fully integrated set of social networking features and social media functions that foster informal learning, promote teamwork and collaboration, and enable timely and context-sensitive communiqués between coworkers, SMEs, mentors and managers.
The market trends in consumer-oriented social are obvious (and ominous!) and it is the rare individual who doesn’t participate in one of the popular social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Foresquare or others. A variety of business equivalents have also emerged including enterprise messaging services like Yammer (Microsoft), Chatter (Salesforce.com), Jive (Jive Software) that aim to connect workers into a private social cloud where they can confer and collaborate to stay better informed and drive productivity. OnPoint has developed a series of API connectors that enable T&D teams to connect their learning environments with these social-driven services to ensure these solutions can be supported whenever and wherever they are encouraged.
That said, many companies are still evaluating whether social applications can have an impact on their informal learning processes and practices, and OnPoint helps address this need through a set of simple and fully integrated social features and functions that can allow T&D teams to experiment with social services like forums and threaded discussions, RSS/news feeds, ratings and comments on formal content, user generated content features, and more without having to make another investment in time, resources or licensing costs. OnPoint’s entire social feature set can be activated by an administrator in less than five minutes and select functions can be associated with any online learning assignment or live instructor-led class as well as any defined group, or job code to bring together people and teams who already work with one another and share resources in an online or mobile OnPoint solution.
Standard social features available in OnPoint’s online & mobile platforms include:
Ratings & Comments
- Allows for learner supplied ratings & comments only upon content completion
- “Five Star” or numerical rating helps highlight content valued by the learning community
- Support for short & long form message threads
- Support for moderated/manager approved or open message postings
- Offline message review & creation (synchs online when reconnected)
- Package & deliver subscription-oriented content from defined news sources
- Support for RSS & ATOM-style feeds/engines
- Summaries synced down to CellCast mobile apps enabling offline review
User Generated Content
- Record/upload/share media files (images, videos, audio podcasts)
- Uploaded submissions must be reviewed/vetted before release
- Optional integration into popular third party media sites (e.g., Box, Google Drive)
- Parrticipation and/or completion of enabled social features/functions can be associated with a point system managed with OnPoint’s optional Gamification Module.
Finally, OnPoint partners with other software companies who offer a broader range of social networking features and social media functionalities that can be integrated into an online or mobile solution set. OnPoint has developed several APIs and technical libraries that allow our online and mobile platforms to connect with third party applications thus making it easier to provide cohesive ways to link learning experiences to social experiences using whichever best-of-breed tools an organization requires.